For patients who have been diagnosed with a heart condition or undergone a major cardiovascular treatment, Metro Health offers a Pritikin© Intensive Cardiac Rehab program that combines exercise, education and lifestyle change.
Pritikin© Intensive Cardiac Rehab not only provides patients with an exercise component, but also instructs patients and their families on how to cook heart-healthy meals, become smart grocery shoppers, order intelligently in restaurants and lose weight in a healthy way.
Tailored specifically and exclusively for cardiovascular patients, our care program is designed to help patients get back to a more normal life. Our goal is to improve strength, function and knowledge while lowering risk factors.
Cardiovascular Rehab includes:
- Individualized treatment plans
- Pritikin© healthy eating plan
- EKG monitoring during supervised exercise sessions
- Heart-healthy nutrition classes
- Cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes monitoring and control
- Weight and stress management
- Tobacco cessation
- Risk factor modification education classes for patients and family members
Cardiovascular Rehab benefits:
- Improve strength, endurance and physical function
- Increase quality of life
- Lessen chance of another heart attack
- Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath
- Stop or reverse damage to blood vessels in heart
- Improve ability to perform daily activities
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Center Tour
With a family history of heart issues, Sharon has had her fair share of heart related episodes, landing her in cardiovascular rehab twice. Her latest stint in rehab was at Metro Health’s new Cardiovascular Rehabilitation facility.
To make an appointment or for additional referral information call: