MD FACC, FSCAI, FAHA, FACP
A graduate of the Universidad Central de Venezuela, Dr. Diaz completed his internal medicine residency and cardiovascular disease fellowship at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and his interventional cardiology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
Board certified in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology, Dr. Diaz specializes in providing a full range of diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic cardiac services with a special interest in coronary and peripheral interventions. He actively participates in research projects conducted at Metro Health to further the field of peripheral interventions.
Published Works & Articles
- Endothelial Recovery: The Next Target in Restenosis Prevention
- Local Gene Transfer of ph-VEGF-2Plasmid by Gene-Eluting Stents: An Alternative Strategy for Inhibition of Restenosis
- Predictive Value of 16-Slice Multidetector Spiral CT to Detect Significant Coronary Artery Disease in Patients at High Risk for Coronary Artery Disease
- Tibiopedal and Hybrid Percutaneous Arterial Access
- Tibio-pedal Arterial Minimally-Invasive Retrograde Revascularization in Patients with Advanced Peripheral Vascular Disease: The TAMI Technique, Original Case Series
- Visualization of Endomyocardial Fibrosis by Delayed-Enhancement Magnetic Resonance Imaging